This file is organised in reverse date order
30 July 2000
We've added a new wizard, called the "Archive and Purge Wizard".
This wizard makes it easy to manage your Signet data, and keep your database size within reasonable limits.
The wizard allows you to Purge the following data:
- Bill of Materials Requisitions
- Bank Runs
- CashBook Debit Orders
- CashBook Transactions ***
- CashBook Sub-Ledger Transactions
- Creditors Ledger Transactions ***
- Debtors Ledger Transactions ***
- Inventory Purchase Orders
- Inventory Transactions ***
- Order Processing Documents
- VAT Transactions
- Vehicle Costing Transactions
In all cases, you can select the age beyond which transactions are purged.
Under no circumstances will Signet purge transactions which should not be purged (e.g. Uncleared CashBook Transactions).
Items marked with a *** can also be Archived.
For instance, if you elect to Archive Inventory transactions older than 1 year, the wizard will consolidate all sales by product by month by transaction type.
The result is that you would have far fewer transactions, showing you how many of each product were sold, receipted, credited, etc in each month.